Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which your Personal Data will be used following collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to the use of your Personal Data by United World College Graduates Organization (Hong Kong) Limited ("UWCGO") and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 (the "Ordinance")
Purpose of Collection
The Personal Data you provide to us may be used by UWCGO for one or more of the following purposes:
- Processing of your application or indication of intent to participate in an event or activities organized by UWCGO and/or to become involved in the organization of such activities;
- Maintaining or updating the record of membership with, donors to and volunteers assisting UWCGO or participants in UWCGO events or activities and analyzing the profiles of its members, donors and volunteers and the graduates and students of United World Colleges or participants in UWCGO events or activities;
- Facilitating the provision of mentorship and/or guidance by graduates of a United World College to other graduates or students enrolled in a United World College and the promotion of the United World Colleges movement;
- Distributing communications from UWCGO, graduates or students of a United World College, or any associations or entities associated with or affiliated to UWCGO, including other participants of the United World College movement, including without limitation to the generality of the foregoing, the United World Colleges Hong Kong Committee Limited and/or Li Po Chun United World College (Hong Kong), Limited (“UWC Affiliates”);
- Any other incidental or associated purposes to the above and otherwise to pursue the objectives and perform operations and business of UWCGO;
- For other purposes permitted by law including the Ordinance
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data held by UWCGO will be kept confidential but UWCGO may, to the extent necessary for achieving the above purposes or any of them, disclose, obtain, transfer (whether within or outside Hong Kong) the Personal Data provided by you to, from or with any and all of the following persons and entities:
- Any member of UWCGO and UWC Affiliates for any of the above or related purposes
- Any appointed agents of UWCGO
- AAny parties, persons, corporate bodies or institutions with which UWCGO has or has proposed to have dealings including but not limited to any contractors or third-party service providers of administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to UWCGO or its appointed agents in connection with the operation of their respective businesses
Access and correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data in accordance with the Ordinance. UWCGO has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request. Any such request for access to and/or correction of your Personal Data should be made in writing to the board of directors at the registered office of UWCGO in Hong Kong.
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be retained only for such period as may be reasonably necessary for the carrying out of the above stated purposes.
UWCGO is firmly committed to preserving your privacy in relation to Personal Data supplied to UWCGO on a voluntary basis. Personal Data may include names, addresses, email addresses, etc., which may be used for the above stated purposes. Your Personal Data will not be used for any other purposes without your consent unless such use is permitted or required by law.